Steve Willmott (CEO of 3scale.net) and I just finished the new API Owner’s Manual ebook. APIs (application programming interfaces) and API Management are becoming more and more crucial components in digital transformation or strategy. …
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.linkedin.com
I wrote the ebook together with Steve Willmott and I am very proud to now release it publicly.
With this ebook we take a slightly different approach and want to provide best practices about what makes an API really successful on the long run: the API program around the actual technical interface.
We cover seven best practices which proved to be essential for successful API programs:
- Focus relentlessly on the value of the API
- Make the business model clear from the beginning
- Design and implement with the user in mind
- Place API operations at the top of the list
- Obsess about developer experience (DX)
- Go beyond marketing 101
- Remember API retirement and change management